As a FAA 107 Licensed Drone pilot, I can provide images that will showcase the outside of a property.
Where is it legal to fly?
I can go to most locations on the West Side of the Big Island, however, there are a few areas that have restrictions:
- Waimea (Kamuela): From 6:00 am - 7:30 pm, Monday - Friday our local airport is in operation. During this time, no drones (Licensed or unlicensed individuals) are allowed to fly in or around the main town areas of Waimea. This covers most of the populated Waimea areas out to Mudd Road down to Kawaihae Harbor Road/ Kanehoa St. Drone photography would have to be done on Saturday or Sunday.
- Kona - Most areas are ok, however, the Hualalai and Kukio might require FAA approval. It can take up to 90 days to get approval.
- HOA Rules - If applicable you would need to check your HOA rules to make sure it is ok to fly a drone.
Drone still photos
- HIS MLS Use, 1200 x 800 72 dpi. I will provide 3 meg photos for your personal use
- Others: 5 meg photos at 300 dpi for Print or website use. This type of photo use may require an additional licensing fee.